Would you like to be part of a close-knit, talented and award winning team? Are you a problem solver with a keen eye for detail? Fancy working in Manchester; a thriving, trendy, cosmopolitan city with easy access to some of the finest scenery in the UK, from the Peak District to the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Snowdonia? Absolutely surrounded we are!
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of one of the fastest growing and creative CGI/VFX studios in the North of England. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Manchester city centre studio, although remote working may be considered too.
What we offer:
- Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with a highly experienced production team.
- The opportunity to make your mark and help shape and build the studio.
- Manchester city centre location
- Collaborative and inclusive culture - real opportunity to work across multiple areas, express creativity, and focus on individual growth.
- Regular team socials
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Creation of high quality photorealistic 3D assets and development of shots.
- Work closely with all departments making sure models are correct for animation and helping get scenes ready for rendering and finishing.
- Collaborate with the leads and CG director, good communication is essential.
- Contribute creatively to jobs from conception to completion.
- Provide information on workload in production meetings and highlight possible issues
- Perform generalist task such as look development, modelling, texturing, layout and lighting.
- Knowledge and understanding of all things 3d with experience in modelling, texturing, look development, layout an lighting. Specialising in at least one of these disciplines is a must.
- Be comfortable working with a pipeline but also have the creativity and problem solving skills to work flexibly.
- A great eye for detail and an accurate perception of form, scale and proportion.
- Good experience using 3D software - ideally 3Ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Marvellous Designer, Z brush, Nuke.
- Experience of raytracing renderers such as Vray or Arnold.
- 3+years high-end CGI experience either in VFX for TV and Film or video games cinematics/trailers.
- Good communication skills and good written English
- A good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4/5 will be a big plus
- Setting up shot cameras and creating CG environment layouts
- Experience using Shotgun or similar project management tool
Flipbook studio are an award winning, multi-disciplinary production company, focused on providing VFX and CG animation services to the Broadcast TV, film, advertising and video games industries. Formed in Manchester in 2010 the studio is known for its varied portfolio of work, including high-concept episodic drama series, video games cinematics/trailers and innovative brand campaigns delivered across multiple channels and platforms. The studio strives to push the envelope and bring a unique creative angle to all our projects, with the valued input of our team of artists, producers, developers and directors.