Would you like to be part of a close-knit, talented and award winning team? Are you a problem solver with a keen eye for detail? Fancy working in Manchester; a thriving, trendy, cosmopolitan city with easy access to some of the finest scenery in the UK, from the Peak District to the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Snowdonia? Absolutely surrounded we are!
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of one of the fastest growing and creative CGI/VFX studios in the North of England. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Manchester city centre studio, although remote working may be considered too.
What we offer:
- Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with a highly experienced production team.
- The opportunity to make your mark and help shape and build the studio.
- Manchester city centre location
- Collaborative and inclusive culture - real opportunity to work across multiple areas, express creativity, and focus on individual growth.
- Regular team socials
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Animating 3D assets, be it characters or objects within scenes.
- Work closely with CG supervisor/ Anim Lead to meet briefs set by the VFX supervisor
- Taking responsibility for animations created to ensure quality and smooth movement through the workflow.
- Contribute creatively to jobs from conception to completion.
- To follow and interpret a brief whilst delivering high end animation using our pipeline setup
- Working closely with rigging and pipeline to help streamline tool functionality and develop rigs to meet the briefs set.
- Collaborate with the leads and directors; good communication is essential.
- A confident and creative approach to your animation and the ability to give characters unique personalities and emotions.
- Highly skilled in 3D animation and bringing characters to life.
- Minimum of 3 years high-end TV or Film VFX/Animation experience
- Highly proficient in 3ds Max and or Maya
- Experience across the 3D pipeline.
- Creative flair and understanding of animation, not just characters but vehicle, creature and hard surface.
- Ability to work within a creative team where all opinions are valued and respected.
- Understand and actively contribute to creating effective workflows, understanding the value of working within a tight knit team and helping make the pipeline as efficient as possible.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Creative problem-solving ability, multitasking and open to learning new
- A good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or 5 a big plus
- Experience of rigging or generalist 3d skills
- Ability to draw or produce concept art
- Experience working with mocap data.
Flipbook studio are an award winning, multi-disciplinary production company, focused on providing VFX and CG animation services to the Broadcast TV, film, advertising and video games industries. Formed in Manchester in 2010 the studio is known for its varied portfolio of work, including high-concept episodic drama series, video games cinematics/trailers and innovative brand campaigns delivered across multiple channels and platforms. The studio strives to push the envelope and bring a unique creative angle to all our projects, with the valued input of our team of artists, producers, developers and directors.