Would you like to be part of a close-knit, talented and award winning team? Are you a problem solver with a keen eye for detail? Fancy working in Manchester; a thriving, trendy, cosmopolitan city with easy access to some of the finest scenery in the UK, from the Peak District to the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Snowdonia? Absolutely surrounded we are!
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of one of the fastest growing and creative CGI/VFX studios in the North of England. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Manchester city centre studio with some remote flexibility.
What we offer:
- Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with a highly experienced production team.
- The opportunity to make your mark and help shape and build the studio.
- Manchester city centre location
- Collaborative and inclusive culture - real opportunity to work across multiple areas, express creativity, and focus on individual growth.
- Regular team socials
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Oversee a team of CG artists of various abilities as they produce CG assets.
- Set up an efficient pipeline and successfully deliver CG elements for the shots on your projects
- Technically lead your team, ensuring good and clear communication occurs at all times between artist, production team, technology teams and VFX supervisors.
- Contribute to the bidding and crewing of projects and proactively provide feedback on the team and the pipeline.
- Sell in creative solutions and ideas to clients and VFX supervisors
- Reduce complex problems to their most simple solutions
- Work closely with 3D and R&D teams to identify process improvements/tools to increase productivity.
- To mentor and guide the team across all 3D disciplines
- Partner with production management to ensure department resources are balanced across all projects
- Proactively anticipate issues with existing workflow, technology and staffing and present solutions to management with sufficient time for action to be taken.
- Cultivate a team-oriented approach across the department and company as a whole.
- Previous experience as a CG supervisor/director with a broad background creating different kinds of content, preferably in either TV/Film VFX, Video Games Cinematics, Advertising
- Thorough knowledge of lighting, rendering, fx and compositing pipelines with expert knowledge in Houdini essential.
- Expert knowledge in Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Mari, Substance Painter and proficient in other industry standard software
- Excellent aesthetic judgement and quality control
- An excellent understanding of CG/VFX pipelines including pre-production, production and post-production.
- Strong understanding of lighting principles, colour theory, and latest techniques in 3D computer graphics. Good character/creature modelling skills a definite plus.
- Highly organized individual who enjoys the creative process and managing a department/ team
- Knowledge of lighting and rendering in Houdini
- A good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or 5 will be a big plus
- On set experience
- Experience using Shotgun or similar project management tool
Flipbook studio are an award winning, multi-disciplinary production company, focused on providing VFX and CG animation services to the Broadcast TV, film, advertising and video games industries. Formed in Manchester in 2010 the studio is known for its varied portfolio of work, including high-concept episodic drama series, video games cinematics/trailers and innovative brand campaigns delivered across multiple channels and platforms. The studio strives to push the envelope and bring a unique creative angle to all our projects, with the valued input of our team of artists, producers, developers and directors.