Would you like to be part of a close-knit, talented and award winning team? Are you a problem solver with a keen eye for detail? Fancy working in Manchester; a thriving, trendy, cosmopolitan city with easy access to some of the finest scenery in the UK, from the Peak District to the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Snowdonia? Absolutely surrounded we are!
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of one of the fastest growing and creative CGI/VFX studios in the North of England. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Manchester city centre studio with some remote flexibility.
What we offer:
- Fantastic, vibrant and creative work atmosphere with a highly experienced production team.
- The opportunity to make your mark and help shape and build the studio.
- Manchester city centre location
- Collaborative and inclusive culture - real opportunity to work across multiple areas, express creativity, and focus on individual growth.
- Regular team socials
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Maintain sequence edits and inserting vfx shots into timeline, keeping them updated with the latest versions from artists.
- Prepare sequence edits for internal and client approvals
- Manage and document the turnover of shots from editorial through to delivery including ingesting new media into pipeline
- Ensure Shotgun is maintained with current shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions
- Perform shot specific colour corrections to match editorial reference when required
- Maintain shot and VFX databases
- Manage Avid Media and storage
- Create in-house reels including monthlies and marketing presentation pieces.
- Work in partnership with vfx teams and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard while maintaining schedules.
- Ensure that published shots conform to the current edit and perform basic QC checks.
- Minimum 3 years of editing experience within the film / VFX / Television industry.
- An eye for detail and thorough understanding of techniques, file formats, colour-space, software and technology relating to the live action visual effects.
- Solid knowledge of the Adobe suite and Davinci Resolve
- Working knowledge of Nuke and Shotgun would be an advantage
- Motion Graphics experience also a plus
- Proven accuracy and organisational experience
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
Flipbook studio are an award winning, multi-disciplinary production company, focused on providing VFX and CG animation services to the Broadcast TV, film, advertising and video games industries. Formed in Manchester in 2010 the studio is known for its varied portfolio of work, including high-concept episodic drama series, video games cinematics/trailers and innovative brand campaigns delivered across multiple channels and platforms. The studio strives to push the envelope and bring a unique creative angle to all our projects, with the valued input of our team of artists, producers, developers and directors.